Jun 3, 2010

Oushuu33Kannon Temples 4-5 Part 2


A short distance from the station, Ian and I passed this large dilapidated shed, which was apparently still in use. I wondered if it might fall down before I got the picture taken. The area was pretty in a way. The houses were all rambling farm houses that extensions on the extensions and were surrounded by rice paddies.
Another working shed made me want to stop and do a drawing. However, I had no paper nor pen and additionally we had to keep going so that we would be able to complete this leg of the pilgrimage in one day.
As we moved into the low hills, we found that the farmers were using the road as extensions of their working areas.
Once into the shelter of the hills we found that various trees were in bloom and the scenery became a bit more colorful. The dark clouds were disappearing but it was still overcast.

No comments: