Jun 28, 2010

Oushuu33Kannon Temples 4-5 Part 21


Most, but not all, of the houses in the area were related to some sort of farming. This is a two-story shed containing various agricultural equipment.Another good picture of my finger. I really have to work on remembering to move my fingers to the side of the camera. The problem is that right in front of the lens is the most natural place to rest your index finger. Anyway, the structure in the background is the station. We had finally reached it again. It mostly consists of nothing more than an uncovered platform. In the middle there is a small section with a roof but I am sure that it would not protect anyone from the rain. On the other side of the platform there is a parking lot and beyond that there is a house which you can see on the right.
This is the station platform as seen from the road. The structure in the right foreground was something that both Ian and I appreciated - an outdoor toilet.
We had about 45 minutes to wait until the next train, so Ian decided to take off his boots and stockings and let his feet dry out. He has heavy, more or less waterproof boots that make his feet sweat when he wears them for a long time. I have a pair of walking shoes that are less waterproof but do not make my feet sweat anywhere near as much. Until I started practicing for the Henro Pilgrimage and then actually walking every day, I did not appreciate the comments about taking care of one's feet that always appear in books about infantrymen during a war.

No comments: