Jul 21, 2012

Another walk

 The hilltop on the right is my first goal. It is where the Meiji Emperor came when he was still a prince. From the hilltop you can see way up the river valley. Apparently the Prince visited Sendai and was brought here so that he could survey he future lands.
 I have posted pictures of this spot many times over the last couple of years. It is along the river that I used to follow when returning from teaching at Miyagi Gakuin U. They removed a lot of dirt and then build walls to contain the remaining fill. I was surprised to find that in the last few months they had used this new land to build a multistory building. I was walking behind it so there were no signs indicating what it was, but I could see through the windows that it looked like classrooms.
 I followed the sidewalk up the hill, when all of a sudden it ended and I had to walk in the road. Luckily this road has very little traffic.
 These are the stairs leading to the top of the hill.
This is the view from the top looking east toward the sea, which is hidden behind the hills on the right.

No comments: