Jul 3, 2012

Dainohara

 The highest point on the road to Sendai is called Dainohara, the field on the hill. I turned left onto another wide road. The highest point in the area was ahead of me. The sidewalk turns into stairs because the hill is so steep.
 At the top of the stairs, there is a road and a sidewalk that continue up hill.
 From the top of the hill there is a good view. The large building in the distance is a hospital. It is where I spent a week a few years ago when my stones acted up. It is actually a pretty good hospital and, if I need to be hospitalized again, I plan to go there.
 This is the highest point. From here the road goes steeply downhill. You can just see the bridge that connects the opposite sides of the wide road.
 I am standing under that bridge. You can see its shadow. From here the road goes down and then up again.
The blue sign is on a Lawson's convenience store. Just beyond it is a large park. When Ian and I walk in the park we stop here for a sports drink and maybe a sweet.

No comments: