Jul 14, 2012

Towards home from Asahigaoka

 I have shown this concrete banking a few times. It has been covered with blue sheets since just after the earthquakes. Now they are fixing it
 A few tens of meters passed the construction I found more work going on. This was apparently fixing a problem with the road.
 This part of the walk is quite pleasant. There are trees on both sides of the four lane road and as you can see there is not too much traffic. On the left just out of the picture is the Sendai Science Museum. I have never been in it, but have seen the inside on TV. It is mainly for kids.
 The road from Asahigaoka interesects a six lane, east/west road that comes up from the valley. I will cross the street and turn down a side street next to the white building.
 This is the road I will now follow. This road has quite a bit of traffic on it, because it is one of the main exits from the housing area that covers the hilltop. I was a bit surprised when I noticed that the first floor of the white building had been emptied.
As you can see, this road is lined with private dwellings. The actually ridge line is a few hundred meters to the left, but the entire hill is covered with homes.

No comments: