Jul 23, 2012

Walking

 This is still part of the new housing area. I do not think that I would like to live here. The houses are all so close together that they might as well be one large building. We have the advantage in our condo of having many of the normal cooperative neighborhood functions done by the administrative company that we hire. This area has, I am sure, a neighborhood committee and everyone has to go out at least once a month and clean the area as well as managing the trash collection points.
 This is at the same intersection as above, but I turned 90 degrees to the left. The view looks across the valley that has been created by the small river that drains the area. There is housing on the opposite hilltop. I had no particular goal for this walk but at this point decided to walk down into the valley and then go up and explore the top of the other side.
 Still on this side I found an area that has not been developed. According to a sign, this is farm (orchard?) where a landscaping company grows some of the plants that they use.
 Going down the slope to the valley floor, I found a stone mason's shop. These all seemed to be rejects or maybe they were just damaged during the quakes.
 Here I am standing on the bridge over the river and looking at a flight of stairs that allows access to the opposite hilltop.
Half way up, I stopped and turned around. I could see the housing development that I had just left.

No comments: