Sep 12, 2013

At art class

 I arrived early for my art class, the first since becoming sick, and waited in the  large lobby. The Japanese love vending machines and there may actually be more of them than there are people. This one is particularly interesting because of the abstract art on the used bottles and cans container. There used to always be such a container, usually small and plastic, beside each vending machine, but since the sarin gas attack by Aum, most of them have been removed so that terrorists can not use them to place bombs.
 I wandered toward the back on the lobby. There is a large hall behind the wall where they show movies, have plays and performances and lectures. This rather colorful abstract at was hanging on the wall. The top is a little higher than the top of my head. In the bottom left corner there is a plaque. I walked over to look at it.
 This is the plaque. The top line is the title, Autumn in New England, and the bottom line is the artists name, Takatsuru Gen. I am originally from New England. It is my furusato as the Japanese would say, so it brought back good memories.
This is center piece of the three sections.

No comments: