Sep 4, 2013

Out for a walk

 As I walked by the local park, I saw the kids from a kindergarten doing something, probably playing some organized game. I know they are from a kindergarten because they are all wearing the same white shirts and blue shorts. There are two classes. Again I know because of their clothing, one class has red caps and one has white. When I was in school, sports were almost always done with the shirts playing against the skins. In Japan it is always the red team against the white team.
 This river usually has very little water in it, but the extensive rain we have been having has raised the level substantially.
 I don't know who did this but someone, maybe the kindergarten above, has painted the concrete blocks that form the bank of the river. Enlarge the picture (you can probably do this by clicking on it) and you will be able to see how cute it is.
Some of the flowers along the edge of the river were in full bloom. The little black dots are ants which seemed to think there was something to eat here.

No comments: