Sep 2, 2013

I have gained enough strength that I can go out for short walks so I am going to start posting again. I won't guaranty that I will be able to post every day but I will post as often as I can.


 This is in the next block from my apartment. It is a well tended little farm with just a few of many different things.
 
 This is still the same garden. The last picture was taken just off to the right. The wooden thing in the foreground is not a bench. It is actually a table. The sign says to take what you want and to leave 100 yen for each package. I assume that the farmer packages some things and leaves them here for people to buy. That is one of the things that I like about Japan. It is highly likely that, if the farmer left something here, when he returned there would be 100 yen for each package that was gone.
 In the next block I found a rice paddy nestled in between two houses. This is now a common sight in Japan. The rice paddies are being sold off, piece by piece, and people are building houses on the land. The result is a checker board of paddies and houses.


We live in an wide valley that is drained by two rivers, actually two branches of the same river. This is the smaller of the two and the one that is nearer my apartment.

No comments: