Sep 27, 2013

New pictures from my hospital stay

I just realized that I had taken three pictures with my iPad while I was in the hospital. Almost the entire time I was there, I had a bed next to the windows in a room for six. The man in the other window bed, Kato-san, was also a long term 'resident' so we became quite friendly. In fact, a few days ago he called and said that after a couple of weeks at home, he had finally gotten well enough to have his operation. So on Wednesday this week, my wife and I visited him at the hospital. He is going to be discharged on Monday but was very glad to see us.


 This is the view out the window from my bed. As you can see, the hospital was in the middle of downtown Fukuoka city.


Laying in my bed, I also had a great view of Kato-san's bed. We could pull the curtains across for privacy during the day and when we slept at night.

 This is my bed and the little wooden piece of furniture. The furniture had a small space with doors at the top, a pull out table and a single drawer in the middle under a desk top and TV, and a small refrigerator at the bottom. The refrigerator and the TV were paid for with cards that you bought from a machine in the hall. Except for the fact that the building was 70 years old, it was not too bad. The staff were great. When I go for a checkup at the beginning of November, I will go to the new building that is about 15 minutes away.

No comments: