Mar 27, 2015

The southern continuation of our road

 At the intersection I turned right and looked down the southern continuation of our road. There was nothing special about it at all, nothing particularly interesting. However, at the end I could see some trees and they are usually an indication of something to see, a well landscaped home, a temple or shrine, or maybe a park. So, I started walking.
When I reached the trees, I discovered that it was the back of the neighborhood shrine. I decided that, after my afternoon of playing Go, I would stop at the shrine on my way home. One interesting thing was that there was a fence all the way around the shrine property so there was no way to enter from the back. If a person wanted to visit the shrine, they would have to walk all the way around the block and enter from the other side, through the torii at the front.

No comments: