Jun 21, 2008

Art Class

Today was my art class at the NHK Bunka Center. My teacher, Wakamatsu-Sensei, to the pictures for me.


The first picture shows the Izumi Chou Station Building. The subway station and a bus depot are in the basement, and the rest of the building has stores, restaurants, offices and schools. When I took the picture, I was standing in front of the Starbucks on the first floor of a department store. The pyramid is the entrance to the underground. It is covered with running water so it gives off a very cool feeling. My classes are on the top floor, the part to the left of the red sign. It is like a penthouse. The rest of the roof contains a parking lot.


This next picture shows me working on my picture. Actually I started it during the last class and finished it today. It is mostly pen and ink done with a very fine felt-tipped pen. After I was finished I added a little pencil to gray down some of the pure white areas.


The final picture shows my drawing. It is an outdoor Noh Stage, which is why the back wall contains a picture of a pine tree.


No comments: