Jun 10, 2008

Regular Tuesday Walk





Ian and did our usual 13 km walk in Shinrin Park today. The photo shows Kitasendai Station where we met at 6:30 a.m.



I have posted this picture before but today I had a camera with a telephoto lens so you can actually see the Kannon-shaped tower.



As I was crossing the river that flows by my apartment building, I heard engine noise from above me and, looking up, saw this powered parachute. It quickly turned and went down the river, past my place, and out of sight.





Just a few hundred meters from my building there is a space where local people can rent farm land from one of the rich locals. He charges almost nothing and helps out with the individual plots. Another thing he does is to let the local grade school use (rent?) some of the land for the students to find out about farming. This is the first grade planting something. Each student gets their own individual plant. I think that they come over about once a week and water and weed. Anything else that needs to be done is taken care of by the local.

No comments: