Jun 17, 2008

Yaotome Station and a walk in the park

Today Ian and I took our regular Tuesday training walk through the park. I take the 6:10 a.m. subway to meet him. These pictures show the station.

The first picture shows the platform at Yaotome (8 virgins) subway station, the nearest to my house, looking more or less south from the north end. Since it is so early, there are very few people. My home is off to the left, across a river and about a 15 minute walk.




The next is from the south end of the station looking south toward Sendai, about 20 minutes away. Actually there is quite a bit of green until the line goes underground.

















This next picture is looking north and shows the train arriving from Izumi-Chuo, the last stop on the line. Off on the right side you can see the top of a dome. It is the stadium where Vegalta, our pro soccer team plays, and the stadium where I watched the rugby game yesterday.













This obviously is a picture of the new (relatively) slim, trim me. I am standing in front of one of the little ponds in the flat area of the park. Behind me is a fairly high hill. The 3 km path that we walk circles around from the right, up the hill, and back around on the left. We are doing two laps plus walking to Kita Sendai and back.










This is one of the pieces of sculpture that are scattered around the flat area. It's a chicken by a famous sculptor, but I can not remember his name.

No comments: