Jun 13, 2008

Friday the 13

After walking 20 km yesterday, this morning I walked to the doctor's and back - about 12 km. On the way I have to pass through Izumi Chuo, an area that contains the last station on the subway line and a shopping area. It also has the only Starbucks in this part of town. Between my home and Izumi Chuo there is a pedestrian walk that is about 1 km long and is called Suisen-dori, or Daffodil Road in English. This photo shows part of it.

My doctor decided that I can stop taking one of my high blood pressure pills because I am getting so healthy from losing all the weight and additionally now getting in shape by walking.

I have mentioned the rich guy that lives near us. He tore down his old house and built a new one about 100 meters away. Then he build a condo on the site where his old home was. That was all done last year. More recently he had a crew of 6 to 8 men and two or three large powered construction vehicles a day for almost a month working to build a reinforced concrete wall around the new house. Then they build a reinforced concrete building, I guess you could call it a shed. It is going to be used to house all of this powered farming equipment. I think that he is still growing rice on his land that is a couple of kilometers on the other side of our building. This week he has two power shovels changing the dirt in the land between the house and the road. You can see the house on the left side of the picture. The shed is in front of it and the new dirt is in front of that. You can just see part of the condo on the right. The shrine that I posted about yesterday is on the far right side of the condo.

No comments: