Jun 1, 2008

Ian and I walked 10 km yesterday in a very heavy rain. We both discovered problems with our footwear. Ian's boots got wet all the way through, apparently because the waterproofing on the leather had worn off. My waterproof (to a point just bellow the lacing) walking shoes leaked around the tongue. My stockings got wet and I started to get blisters on my little toes. We got back before they got too bad and today they are fine.

The problem with my shoes is that the water that runs off my Gor-Tex rain suit, falls exactly on the point where the tongue connects to the body of the shoe. The water goes right through, I know because I can feel the drip and then the water soaking into the top of my stocking.

I am going to take the shoes to the repair shop in the shopping center near our apartment and ask them if they can glue the bottom half of the tongue to the shoe itself. That should stop the problem.

Another fib:

Rain
Falls
On me
Wetting all
I feel the wetness
But who is this 'I' who is wet?

No comments: