Aug 11, 2010

Sendai Station and then walking home 03


This is the hallway that leads to the northern most exit from the station. On the left is a very popular restaurant that specializes in gyuton, beef tongue. Around meal times, especially at noon, there are lines waiting to get in. On the left is a small store that sells mostly drinks, snacks and magazines.I left the station and walked north toward home. A few hundred meters away from the station I found this delightful scene. A little old fashion house nestled between large modern buildings. This is quite typical of downtown Sendai, however, such scenes are gradually being replaced with a solid wall of new buildings.
Further up the street I ran into another alien in front of a restaurant. I wonder if he has the proper visa for the job.
At the next big cross street, I look to my right and saw a building with a huge nude statue in front of it. I have no idea why it is there. The building just seems to be an office building like numerous others in the city.

No comments: