Aug 3, 2010

Thursday evenings at Tohoku Gakuin University


On Thursday evenings I teach a class at the Tsuchitoi campus of Tohoku Gakuin University. This is another campus of the university that I teach at on Tuesdays. To get there, I return to the Yaotome subway station and take the same (only) train that I take in the morning. However, this time I remain on the train until I pass Sendai station and then get off at the next stop, Hitotsubashi (one bridge) station. It is a large sprawling station with long underground hallways like this.
At one flight of stairs there is an elevator for wheel chairs. According to the sign, if you want to use it, you have to go to the station office and have someone with a key to come and operate it. I am not sure why this is here but once up these stairs, you can get to the street by using the regular elevator that is at the end of the next hall.
Exiting the station, you find that you are in a neighborhood full of tall buildings, including one of the city's major hospitals.
Here are some more of the buildings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The station is actually called Itsutsubashi: Five Bridges, as the writer would have known if he had bothered to look at the station signs. If he does not even know this, how much trust can one put in anything that he says?

Charles said...

You are right. I made a simple mistake. As for whether an error like this invalidates what I have to say is a question you will have to decide for yourself.