Aug 4, 2010

Thursday evenings at Tohoku Gakuin University 02


Between the station and the school, there is a public building that has a very nice garden. I have never seen anyone walking or sitting in it, which is a shame. It is an oasis of quiet and greenery in the middle of the noisy city.Across the road, is the main building of the hospital. I have only been in the once as far as I can remember. I went to visit a friend who was hospitalized there.
At the first traffic light I turn right and enter a busy side street. As is often typical in Japan, there are three main roads that run more of less parallel. Two of them come together in front of the hospital, but the other just fades away and the only way for traffic to continue is to use this back road. It is always crowded.
The previous side road ends in a t-intersection and I turn right again on to another crowded road. The school is off to the left. The road from which the ambulance is emerging is the primary connection between the main roads so this intersection is always a mess.

No comments: