Aug 14, 2010

Sendai Station and then walking home 06

As I said, Sendai has many parks. This wooded area is a fairly large park, close to 100 meters on each side. I took these pictures pictures on August 9th, but I walked by again yesterday, August 13th and saw something quite unusual but did not have my camera with me. There was a small group of what looked like teenagers - 3 females and 2 males, I think. Plus there was a tall male who looked to be in his 30s or early 40s. He was acting as drill master and the other five were doing close order drill. It reminded me of my army days. The also did some strange sort of salute, males doing a regular US military salute, but females placing their right arm across their chest. I have no idea who they might have been or why they were drilling. Maybe they were part of some cult.
This corner, in front of the whitish building, used to have a gas station. But earlier this year they tore it down and now it is a parking lot. Eventually they will probably build something there, but considering the state of the economy it may be later rather than earlier.
This is the old building for a sake brewery. I think that they are now using the buildings behind it as the actual brewery.
A little further up the road, I came to a wooded area, at least a row of trees along the roadside that hides the building that Ian works in. His building is somewhere behind the trees. I have never been there so I do not know exactly where it is. Also he said that they moved his office two or three times since he started working there at the beginning of the year.

No comments: