Jul 11, 2011

Kita Sendai, Miyagi Gakuin U, and outside my apartment

 Just passed the double flight of stairs that ended yesterday's entry, you can see the main gate to the temple that I mentioned.
 As Ian and I were saying goodbye in front of  Mr Donuts, I noticed that the bus that was at the stand was going to Miyagi Gakuin U, so I hurriedly hopped on, wondering what route it would take. The bus took the most direct route, one that I have walked a number of times, but at the bottom of the hill about a kilometer away from the school, the bus took a left, not the  most direct route to the right. The bus wandered through some narrow backstreets and finally stopped across the main  road from the university. The bus stop was beside a very nice little park, which appears in the above picture.
 This is the view of the university from the bus stop. The flat roofed structure on the right is the entrance to the underpass. When I arrive from Asahigaoka, I enter from an entrance which is on the other side of this road and off to the right.
 This is the main road and the bus stop where I get the bus home after I finish teaching.
 This is the entrance to the university and the associated high school. There is only one other entrance and that is only open for a short while each day. Just long enough for the faculty and staff to enter a parking lot. If they enter or leave at other times, they must use this entrance and then take a series of meandering roads to the lot.
By the time I got home late that afternoon, it was raining - not surprising since it is the rainy season. This is the path that leads through our apartment complex from the river.

No comments: