Jul 25, 2011

Various places again

 This is the classroom building at the Tsuchitoi Campus of Tohoku Gakuin U. My classes are in a small seminar room on the right end of the second floor. There are only seven students in the conversation class for third year students so I do not need a big room. My other conversation classes are have between 25 and 50 students.
 This is the entrance to the Coop, the campus store, at Miyagi Gakuin U. The bamboo branch, which is been placed outside the door, is part of the Tanaba Festival. People tie messages on the branch (the colored paper) in hopes of improving their lot for the next year.
 As I walked by the fire station, I looked up and saw this man practicing building to building movement. There was also a dummy on the ground so I think they probably practiced evacuating it. This station is a branch of a large station to the north of us. It has won many competitions and they practice all the time. From what I have observed this station is keeping up with the desire to be best. The men run every day and practice complicate maneuvers at least a couple of times a week.
At the construction site along the river, a work crew was planting grass sods on the newly shaped bank beside the levee top walkway.

No comments: