Jul 24, 2011

Small city park

 After exiting the Tsuchitoi Subway station on my way to teach at Tohoku Gakuin U, I pass this gate. I have to walk to the next intersection, where I take a right and then walk to the end of the block. The campus is then on the other side of the road. Whenever I pass, this gate has been open but I had only quickly glanced inside. On this night I had plenty of time so I decided to in and see what was there. The sign on the gate says that it is a garden that is associated with some sort of city office building.
 Inside I found a concrete walkway with lots of plants on each side. There were not too many flowers because the season was wrong.
 There were some ajisai, which are a very pretty pale blue.
 I also found a bridge over an artificial waterway, which on this day had no water in it.
 The garden and the walkway were more extensive than I had thought when looking in from the street. There had been damage during the quakes and it has not yet been repaired. I could see that the reason for the lack of water was damage at the point where faucets let in the water.
When I reached the bridge I found that it was damaged and not safe, so I just took a picture an moved on.

No comments: