Oct 7, 2012

Another festival

 I started walking down the shopping arcade in downtown Sendai and immediately ran into a festival. The object in the back is an Omikoshi, which is supposed to be a temporary home for the god as the festival goers take him or her around the area.
 Here is a little bit better picture of it. The long bars sticking out in front and behind are use to carry the Omikoshi.
 Looking back after I passed, I could see lots of people.
 This little shrine is nestled in between the stores and is home to a god who is supposed to bring his worshipers good business. Notice all the things laid out on the table in front of the shrine. These are offerings of food and drink.
 This banner contains the name of the shrine that is sponsoring the festival.
I was thirsty and wanted a sweet so I stopped at a Starbucks and had coffee and a cookie.

No comments: