Oct 3, 2012

Home again and another walk

I had already walked more than 16 kilometers and was getting very tired. My plan was to go to a bus stop that was indicated on my map and take a bus home. However, I discovered that all of the bus routes had been discontinued, presumably because there were no longer any people in the area. So I had to walk an additional three or four kilometers to a train station. After waiting 30 minutes for a train, I was able to go to Sendai station, rather than toward home. Changing to the subway, I took my usual route home, including the 1 1/2 kilometer walk from Yaotome to my apartment.

 This picture was taken in the lobby of the station. The decorations are for the summer festival.
 Two days later I went to Nanakita Park, where I found that the pool had been drained. The large gray area normally has a foot or so of water and a lot of ducks and pigeons.
 I took a long cut home, which gave me a chance to check out how the rice was doing. The quality of the rice this year is supposed to be just a little above average.
 I was very surprised to find this vending machine. It was selling fresh vegetables of all kinds.
Later in the day, my wife and I went to Sendai Station to meet Naomi and Tomone, my daughter and granddaughter. While waiting on the platform, a shinkansen (bullet train) stopped at another platform. It was decorated with a popular cartoon character, a penguin.

No comments: