Oct 13, 2012

On the way to the Izumi Art Club annual exhibit

 As I walked into the Sun Mall, I discovered another Marche. This one is apparently open two or three days a week. The stalls sell things like vegetables, bread, cakes and sweets, food to eat there and a lot of other stuff.
 This truck sells a wide variety of ready to eat food and there are tables and chairs in the area. The empty space behind the truck is now a parking lot, but for many years after I first came to Sendai there was a Maruzen Book Store here. Maruzen has the biggest and best collection of English books for sale. Now the store is in a building next to Sendai Station, where it is much more convenient.
 This red area is the front of a ramen restaurant and beside it on the right is a long alley that is lined with many shops.
 As I exited Sun Mall, I could see the site for our exhibit, the part of this building with the green car parked in front of it.
 As I crossed the street, I looked to my left and in the distance I could see Sendai Station, the building that blocks the continuation of the road. Also on the right is the Sendai Meijiya, a store that stocks a wide selection of imported food. When I was first living in Japan, I frequented the Meijiya in Nagoya where I taught. However, no there is little there that I care about having, especially at import prices.
This is the inside of Meijiya.

No comments: