Feb 19, 2009

A few days of relaxation

My sister-in-law has come for a few days and one of my daughters is also going to come. I am going to relax a bit but will work on some of the things I still need to do before the Henro.

Ian and I walked yesterday, 17 km in Shinrin Koen. I am planning to walk about about 18 km tomorrow. I will visit the home of my Bolivian friend, which is actually only one block from Ian's home. This means that I will walk up the hill by myself. This will be a first because up until now Ian and I have always climbed the hill together.

On Saturday I will go to art class, surprising everyone because they think that I am already in Shikoku. Then in the evening I will walk into Sendai to my some of my friends for what we call an Irish Dinner. The only thing Irish about it is that we meet in the Ha'penny, a bar that serves authentic Guinness beer and has some Irish food on the menu. We like to meet there because it has a pay-as-you-go system; you pay for your drink or food when you order it. Most Japanese places give you one consolidated bill when you leave, making the division of payments difficult. The Japanese generally solve this by paying equal shares, but that does not work out very well in international groups.

I will walk home after the party breaks up and then relax on Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think a spell-checker would be a good idea to use before posting, though...