Feb 24, 2009

Still having visitors

Spent the day yesterday sitting around talking and then going to the airport to see off my wife's sister. On the way home we got caught in a huge traffic jam and did not get back until almost my bed time. During the early part of the day, I worked a bit on a picture and my daughter and I tried to install a driver for a monitor that she gave me. Couldn't do it so, the next time she comes, she is going to bring the computer that it goes with.

Today I expect that I will hang around the house and then in the afternoon go to Sendai Station, seeing off my daughter, who is returning to Tokyo by Shinkansen. It has been nice having company but it will also be nice when things return to their normal routine.

Tomorrow Ian and I will walk in the morning. Instead of our usual two loops around the park, we will only do one. We won't be trying to build muscles, just staying in shape for the start of our trip. On Thursday I will waterproof the shoes that I will wear for the Henro and pack my backpack. Friday I will take a short walk (5 km, or so) to check out the feel of the loaded backpack. On Saturday I will spend some quality time with my wife.

Then all systems are go for a Sunday departure - no last minute snags this time.

2 comments:

Sil said...

www.ShikokuHenroTrail.com. Very comprehensive list of when, where, how etc.
Good luck!

Charles said...

Amawalker cites an excellent site, probably the most informative one in English. There are many sites in Japanese and there are also many books. Before I leave, I should tell about the information I have collected and where I got it - maybe after I return from walking with Ian.