Feb 6, 2009

The stuff I am taking

I finally have a more or less finished list of things that I will take with me on the Henro Pilgrimage. The following list includes what I will be wearing as well as what I will be carrying. The reason for this is that what I wear will depend on the weather, and this will change what I will carry.


My travel pack
Clothes
-underwear shorts (5 pairs)
-underwear shirts (5 pairs)
- stockings
-- regular (5 pairs)
-- 5-toed (5 pairs)
-handkerchiefs
-shirts (4 winter weight)
-pants (2 pairs - heavy and light)
-walking shoes
-gloves
--light weight
--heavy weight
-knit hat
-balaclava
-coat (autumn weight)
-Gortex rainwear (coat and pants)
Henro outfit
-white jacket
-Embroidered cloth to hang around neck
-straw hat
-walking stick
-book for temple stamps
-slips to give people who give me gifts
-Heart Sutra
Other stuff
-backpack
-plastic bags to protect stuff from rain
-ZipLock bags for small stuff
-papers (ID, health insurance, credit card, PO account card)
-cash
-glasses with case
-cell phone with charger
-drawing kit (notebook, pens, pencils)
-medical and hygiene kit (toothbrush and paste, my medicine, Vaseline, aspirin, vitamins, amino acid pills, tape (narrow and wide), anti-diarrhea pills, bandages, disinfectant, towel, facecloth)
-sewing kit (needle and thread)
-Swiss Army knife with blade and scissors
-key chain compass and thermometer
-pedometer
-map and guidebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Sanae.
I finally arrived at your bolg!
You seem to have lots of stuff to bring to Shikoku! I'll check your blog while you stay in Shikoku :)

Unknown said...

Wow...Your lists show just all you need!! Choosing what you need for the special trip is a big deal. But I hope you enjoy the work in a way. Oh, please don't forget my lovely smile when you leave. Mizuki