Feb 28, 2009

Final day at home

Everything is finished. I've packed and repacked. Been to the store for a last time and bought a long shoehorn because the back of my new shoes are still stiff. My wife made cookies for us and those are carefully divided into two equal bags. Tomorrow's clothes are carefully laid out and ready. All the things I will carry in my pockets and in a small bag are by the door. Money, tickets and access card for my postal savings account are checked and double checked. The train tickets are with the stuff by the door, and Keeko has been contacted and she confirmed that she will meet us in Osaka and guide us to the bus depot, which is in another station.

I will now go and relax over supper with my wife and then watch a little TV before going to bed early. I have set the alarm for 4 a.m. and expect to leave the house just after 5 a.m.

My next posting here will be some time after I have actually started on the Henro Pilgrimage, probably from the train tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...it's March 1st, everythiong was packet, and that photograph is....the earlier shinkansen going to Tokyo. It means that you have started your trip.
Enjoy the pilgrimage!!!!
The best for both of you.
Maggye