Feb 14, 2009

Two pictures from yesterday

Yesterday morning I walked 10 km by myself, following the same route that I used last summer. It has a lot of ups and downs as well as following roads without too much traffic, so it is quite pleasant to walk. I left my apartment just as the sun was coming up and discovered that the moon had risen in the west. As I started out, the moon was framed by one of the apartment buildings on the left and our multi-story parking garage on the right.
Towards the end of the route, I pass through Mizu no Mori Koen (Water Forest Park). I was listening to a lecture about Buddhism on my iPod and the speaker's voice was drowned out by a loud noise. I shut off the lecture and followed the noise to the side of the pond, the mizu, where I discovered a woman feeding the birds. I stood an watched for a long while, before continuing home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles and Ian, we'll be waiting with a big cup of coffee or wine to listen about your pilgrimage.
Have a wonderful trip and ejoy every moment of it.
Maggye