Feb 8, 2009

A new backpack?

Today Ian and I were supposed to walk but he called at 5 a.m. and said that the weather at his house was horrible, freezing rain mixed with snow. I want to get some exercise today so later in the afternoon I will go out for a walk by myself.

Friday I visited an outdoor store and found a very nice pack that appears to suit my purposes. It has three sections, as opposed to my current pack which has only one. The extra sections would make it much easier to keep my stuff organized. The only problem is that it is size 25 and my current pack is 35. Later today I will gather most of the things that I will take with me, at least the big things, and put them in the 35 pack. If it looks like there is a lot of extra space, I will go out and buy the 25 pack.

I have most of the things on the list, but some of the small stuff still needs to be found or bought.

It is hard to believe but at this time a week from today I will be just waking up in Juurakuji, Temple #2, and getting ready to start our first full day of walking.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks for sharing all these details. Most useful for anyone thinking of doing the same as you. One question: when you mention 25 and 35, are you talking about liters? 25 certainly doesn't sound very big, and even 35 is far from huge.

Charles said...

Sorry I did not see this before. I am not actually sure what the numbers mean. I assume that it refers to liters. As for size, my 35 is extremely roomy, actually too big for the things that I will be taking.