Feb 26, 2009

March weather in Shikoku

I just check the March weather in Shikoku, specifically in Kochi, which we will transit around the middle of our trip.

The average high and low temperatures and the average rain fall for each day were given.

March 1
---average high = 14 degrees Celsius
---average low = 3 degrees Celsius
--- average rainfall = 0.43 cm

March 23
---average high = 16 degrees Celsius
---average low = 6 degrees Celsius
--- average rainfall = 0.66 cm

In light of this I am thinking about changing the clothes that I will take. It seems that I will not be able to wear the heavy pants because they will be too hot. Also I will not need the jacket.

This morning I packed my backpack and it is heavier than a expected, about 8 kilograms. If I leave some of the heavier clothing it will make the pack lighter and I won't be carrying something that I won't use. Another possibility is to just take the stuff and then mail it back from Shikoku, but that is an extra expense. I guess that I will just sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow, when I unpack and then repack my bag.

1 comment:

PenPal said...

Hi Charles, great blog! We are an Australian trio (aged long distance walkers) wanting to walk the pilgrim temple walk in April next year. I can't find any good weather info for that time of year and wondered if you knew how likely we are to strike rain? And have you done this walk? Thanks, Penny