Jun 13, 2012

Doro Shrine

 My intermediate goal on this walk is the Doro Jinji, the Road Shrine. At the end of the road I was on in yesterday's post, I turned left onto the road in the picture. According to my map the shrine should be under the trees straight ahead.
 The map was correct.
 Doro Jinja is a small shrine and it does not look particularly old. I could not find any signs on the property so I do not know anything about its history or purpose.
 As you can see, there is only one small room in the shrine.
 The large wooden box in this picture and the one above is for monetary offerings. I noticed that someone left a banana beside the offering box. Food and drink as well as small coins are typical offerings.
Beside the building I found some stelae but they were quite worn.

No comments: