Jun 28, 2012

Wandering around

 Everywhere you look in Sendai, there are new buildings going up and old ones being repaired. This one is unusual because of the green, rather than blue, curtain around it. This is next to Suisen Dori, Daffodil Road, and is on one of the routes I take to Izumi Chuo.
 I stopped at Starbucks for coffee and sat outside. They were having some sort of special sale and these tents were set up along the walkway.
 On a side street that I have not walked on before, I found this red house with a little red house mailbox. Cute!
 After visiting my doctor, I started home and saw this truck, which is one of the results of the strict separation of trash here. His truck goes around and collects anything that can be sold. Mostly old metal objects and cardboard.
On the way home, I stopped at a bread store that gives free coffee, if you buy and eat their bread. This little sparrow came begging for crumbs. It was about as tame as pigeon.

No comments: