Jun 11, 2012

Odds and Ends

 This is the entrance to my apartment. It was badly damaged during the earthquakes, twisting one way during the first big quake and then turning in the other direction during the second largest tremor. I think that it may still be settling toward the right. The ceilings of the two sections were perfectly aligned but now you can see that they are quite different.
 This is a view from the section with the doors, a section that is still properly aligned. The hall way has a definite slant, but I am so used to it, I do not notice unless I specifically think about it.

This is the temple that is nearest my home. The center roof is over the main building and the smaller roof on the right covers a bell, which is rung one time each morning at 6:30.

These are some flowers in the local park. It was cloudy so the intensity of the white does not show.

This is at the ground level of the back of the soccer stadium. I had not noticed before but there are fire hydrants with holes in the fence so that hoses can be attached without having to get into the stadium itself. The hydrants themselves are in an old style, which is a bit strange considering that the stadium was opened after I moved into my apartment.

No comments: