Jun 4, 2012

Finally leaving the park

 These flowers were interesting because the stems were covered with something that looked like white moss.
 These flowers were on a small tree, or maybe it is a large bush.
 This is the overall picture of the tree/bush. The top was a little taller than my head.
 I really have to learn to keep my finger away from the lens. The problem is that the best way to hold the camera to keep it steady is to have your finger very near the lens. If I concentrate on framing the picture, I sometimes forget about my finger. When I first worked at Miyagi University I lived on the second floor on the far end of this apartment complex. After two years we bought our 'mansion' and moved out.
 This is between the park and my dentist, a distance that is less than half a kilometer. The round part of the sign states that it is a Miyagi Kotsu bus stop and gives the name, takamori gochome kita. The rectangular section at the bottom gives the arrival times for the buses. There are about three an hour.  The strange looking part in the middle is a light with a battery and solar panels. The panels collect enough light during the day to power the light until after the buses stop at night.
On my way home I walk through a housing area that has very large, by Japanese standards, western looking homes. I particular like this one, although now that I am retired our 'mansion', condo apartment, is more convenient.

No comments: