Jun 22, 2012

Going home

 This old fence and gate were covered with wild plants and very pretty.
 This collection of large rocks are waiting for a landscaping company to place them in someone's yard.
 Just beyond the rocks in the previous pictures, you can see a blue roof. When I got to a position from which I could see well, it turned out to be a storage shed for the poles that are used on Japanese farms.
 These stairs lead up to the top of a hill where there was a fort. The buildings are long gone but there is still some traces of the structures and the area has been turned into a park. The signs give the history of the fort and show a diagram of the grounds. I was tired so I did not go up there, but in the past I have explored the area.
 Rice paddies with the athletics dome in the background. My apartment is about four kilometers on the other side of the dome.
There were very few buildings along this stretch of the road, but I found a convenience store, a couple of other shops, and some apartments in a small complex. I stopped in the store and bought a drink and a snack.

No comments: