Jun 1, 2012

Still in the park

 The new path through the woods is a pleasure to walk on.
 Instead of using concrete to protect the uphill side of the path, they constructed it with old fashion methods, bundles of small branches held in place with sticks driven into the ground. This type of construction gradually becomes part of the landscape and will last many years.
 This is looking toward the point where I entered the park. The building is a school for the handicapped.
 When I saw these trees, all I could think of was Christmas. When I lived in this area, they were not much taller than I am.
 I finally found the name of the park. The bushes are trimmed to become kana and read takamori higashi koen, takamori is the place name meaning tall forest, higashi means east and koen is park.
This sign shows pictures of all the wild birds that make their homes or pass through the park. It also has a nice picture of my finger.

No comments: