Nov 26, 2012

An art show in Sendai

 As I left my apartment, I noticed that they were hard at work on repairing the earthquake damage to the river bank. I will be glad when they finish this because about half of our little park is off-limits because of the construction.
 This was art class day and, after class as we usually do, most of us went out for lunch. It was noon time and the place was crowded so we sat at the counter that is mainly used at night. All around the counter is a continuous grill made from large, thick sheets of metal. At night they do teppanyaki, the food is fried on the grill in front of you. The food here is quite good and very inexpensive so we often eat here.
 After we ate, we went next door to an art exhibit. I did not think most of it was very good, but this was impressive. It is a room-size ikebana.
 Here is another picture from a different angle. It looked very Christmasy - all the red and green.

 
 Outside in the arcade, they were selling some handicrafts. Most of it looked very commercial so I did not stop to browse.
A little further on, there was a new shop. The last time I came by here the place was still under construction and you could not see anything. I think that it sells women's accessories of some kind. Again it did not look like anything I would be interested in, so I did not enter. However, I did stop and enjoy the outside.

No comments: