Nov 29, 2012

 A walking back home from downtown Sendai, I found a new store that sells artist objects made from glass and also has glass blowing lessons.
 Almost next door, a drainage ditch had all of a sudden become something to stop and look at. The tree in the foreground is a persimmon and is covered with fruit. The only problem is that you can not reach it.
 This is all that remains of a large building that contained a supermarket, a game center, a bowling alley, and some restaurants. It was badly damaged during the quakes. I am very curious about what the land will be used for in the future.
 This reminds me of London during WWII. However, it is the remains of an earthquake damaged apartment building that had a Kawai Musical Instruments store on the first floor.
 This pedestrian bridge was very colorful.
It looked very nice on the day I took the pictures, but it is very old and I am not sure that I would want to use it, even though it is apparently safe.

No comments: