Dec 8, 2012

Almost home

 Approach Izumi Chuo from the west, my apartment is on the east side, I found the remains of a hedge that separates a garden from the road. It obviously was very old and had been trimmed many times. All the leaves had fallen for the winter but it was definitely still alive. I have walked by during the summer and not noticed how weird looking the branches are.
 This is an area of rice paddies that separates the real countryside from the built up area around the Izumi Chuo subway station. When I stopped to look carefully, I noticed some sort of stone structure under the trees that or just to the right of the center of the picture and at the end of the unpaved path between the paddies.
 I walked over to the trees and discovered a small group of stelae. The larger one on the right has broken but the split-off piece has been replaced. There is a small triangular rock between the two large stelae.
 Close up I could see the kanji that indicate that it is a piece of a stelae that at some time broke into pieces.
 Crossing a main intersection, I noticed this cute sign outside a dentist's office.
 Next this truck load of motorcycles passed me.
Rather than staying on the main road, I took the back roads and noticed that I could still see the roof top signs in Izumi Chuo (the blue object in the center of the picture). I was also intrigued by the pink paint on the apartment building.

No comments: