Dec 12, 2012

On a road seldom used

 I walked to near Asahigaoka and then instead of turning left I turned right on the four line divided road. I guess I might call it an avenue because of all the trees. The road runs along the side of a hill so on my right was a fairly deep valley. Looking down, I could see a Shinto shrine. I visited the shrine a few years ago but have not been back since.
 A little further on I found a group of new, red-roofed buildings.
 The buildings appeared to be dormitories and some commercial buildings, for some sort of manufacturing, maybe. In the distance there was also a tent that covered what looked like raw materials. The brown building with the blue roof is a temporary office of the type that is often found on construction types.
 Inside one of the buildings, I could see what appeared to be bunk beds but no mattresses or blankets, or anything else for that matter. The place remains a mystery.
 Still further on, I found a house with a garden. The red roof is just rusted iron sheeting. You can not see them but there were two women working in the garden.
From the other side I could see the main house but not the two smaller buildings in the garden. A small part of the rusted iron roofing is just visible through the light green trees on the right.

No comments: