Dec 13, 2012

FInishing one walk and beginning another

 Looking back at the high point along the road. At the bottom of the hill behind me, I turned and took my usual route home when I was working at Miyagi Gakuin Women's U.
 Sometimes the trees here are quite strange looking. This pine tree has been trimmed many times. Each fall it is cut back and then in the spring new branches start growing from the knobs at the end of the thicker branches.
 Before I reached home, I went through a little park and saw this brilliant red tree. It is a Japanese maple, I think.
 The next day I started out for another walk. The rich guy's house is now being torn apart by a power tool. Instead of a shovel, this machine has a large pincher like gadget attached to the end of the arm. They were very carefully tearing the pieces of and then rearranging them to load in a waiting truck.
 Walking down the river into Nanakita Park, I saw a group of salmon who seemed to be resting before continuing up stream. They are the white blobs in the upper left. Altogether there were about twenty of them. I should have had a net. The people in my condo could have had a feast, however, it is probably illegal to trap them.
This was a little worrisome. It is the overhead tracks for the subway. The subway is an el until just before the third station. At the southern end of the line, it again comes out of the ground and runs of raised tracks.

No comments: