Dec 23, 2012

Expo and a walk

 I left home early this day to go to the Sendai Expo, a mini conference of language teaching and an exhibition of the various publishers' new books. As I walked along the levee, there were snow clouds on the horizon.
 I went to one presentation. The speaker was a young friend Ben Shearon who spoke about sites on the internet that help with language learning.
 I left in the early evening and had to wait at the train station for about 20 minutes. When I first arrived, there were no other passengers but they gradually arrived. A short trip, only four stations, and I was at Kita Sendai, where I changed to the subway and returned home.
 The next day I decided to go for a walk. I found that they were building a new coffer dam to repair the part of the bank nearest my condo.
 I walked north along a back road. This is a memorial to those who died in the war between Japan and Russia. I have posted pictures of it before and it is still not repaired. I suspect that it never will be.
On the way back I saw this Buddha in front of a store selling Buddhist equipment.

No comments: