Jan 10, 2013

A snowy day

I must apologize for not posting anything for a few days. I was very busy and discovered that I had posted all of the pictures that had been stored in my camera. Yesterday my wife and I had to go to our doctors to renew our high blood pressure medicine so I took some pictures of our trip.
It was snowing so we decided to take a bus to Izumi Chuo, rather than walk as we usually do. It is only a 20 minute walk but in the cold and snow it would not have been very pleasant. Because of the snow, the bus was a bit delayed and we had to wait about five minutes at this bus stop.
 At Izumi Chuo the bus stops are all on the street level and are covered by the broad pedestrian walk connects all the buildings. The wall in the picture is glass and before the earthquake it had a large engraved glass panel, but it broke in the tremors. For some reason the outside glass panel did not break and so they just cleaned up the shards and left it.
 While we were waiting, I watched this driver clean the inside of the bus. He used some sort of spray cleaner on all the windows and picked up any trash that was laying around.
 After a 20 minute ride we reached the stop nearest our doctor's. The snow was a lot deeper here but still less than a couple of centimeters. It was a wet snow so it stuck to the bottoms of our shoes making it a bit difficult to walk.
 After seeing the doctor, we walk to GreenMart, an upscale supermarket about a 15 minute walk away. Part of the way goes through a park and all of the exercise apparatus and sitting areas were covered with snow.
This is my wife, looking like a typical older Japanese housewife. She is using an umbrella to keep off the snow and is wearing a combined backback / purse. I had an unbrella and a regular backpack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Sorry if this is too 'sudden', but may I ask if the umbrella your wife is using is from Guardian?

I am very curious because I have a similar unbrella, and my umbrella has this logo on it (only the human part)... www

http://www.neilmed.com/images/store_logo/sg/guardian.png

:3

A very nice blog by the way (Y)