Jan 14, 2013

More from my condo

 This is the spare room. It was my daughter's when she lived with us and now we use it when our children visit. Also my wife uses the desk to keep her household accounts and last year the papers for the two condo committees we were on.
 This is a woven picture made from 100% alpaca. I purchased it in Lima, Peru, when I was there for a conference.
 This is our bedroom. The bed is huge by Japanese standards, a queen-size. As you can see, I keep a few books here, the ones that are next on my reading list for print books.
 This is a tree truck that I drew as an experiment with a technique introduced to me by my teacher. I used sepia ink and the pen was a tree branch carved to a pen-like shape. When it gets a little warmer, I will try this way of drawing on location, rather than in the studiol
 These are Fischer-Price toys that my grandchildren play with when the visit. We bout them in New England almost 40 years ago. Obviously they are very strong.
 This is my new library. The Kindle on the right is the first one that I bought and it is registered at Amazon.com in the US. The one on the left is the newest one, with a touch screen, and it is registered at Amazon in Japan. I buy some books for them, but most of the books come from places like Project Gutenberg, where they are free and not under copyright.
This is an example of something I have for lunch a few times a week, instant noodles. There are all kinds. These as you might recognize from the writing are Korean flavored. We also have traditional Japanese, Western and Southeast Asian varieties. Although they are not very nutritious, they are low calorie and taste good.

4 comments:

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank said...

i love to gain this types of information..and i want to leaved there..love it


centro condo | centro condo miami

Unknown said...

Having a spacious condo is one of the requirements that most buyers look for. I can see that you've maximized your space while still managing to have a spare room for guests. Your cabinets are also a great help in making the place more spacious.

JoanneDavidow.com

Calvin said...

There are large condos are available in the market, but some designers overdo their designs. In the end, the place gets crowded. Your condo is a great example of a properly maximized space. In real estate, the proper arrangement of furniture will be of great help for easier transactions between buyers and sellers. :)

CityBlockTeam.com