Jan 28, 2013

More after the snowstorm



 This little building in on the road at the front of our complex and between the admin building and the parking building. This is the collection point for our trash.
 
 This was the day for plastics and there was a large pile inside. I added a bag from my apartment. Trash, plastics and burnables have to be placed in bags that you can purchase at almost any store. Plastics go in red bags, burnables in green. We get two sizes, there may be one more larger size but I am not sure. The small size is about 20 yen a bag and the large size about twice that, I think. In addition glass and metals are collected as well as paper. More and more recycling is being done.
 I walked around the parking building and took a shortcut out to the path along the top of the levee. When we first moved here the area to the right was a large truck garden, but the owner filled it in and now it is a pay by the month parking lot.
 
 In spite of the snow, work is progressing rapidly on the repairs to the levee bank. Sorry about the blob in the top left corner. I think that is part of my glove. When the sun is shining I can to see the screen on the camera so framing and keeping extraneous things out of the picture are a problem.
 This is the open area between the buildings at Izumi Chuo. I was on my way to Starbucks which is straight ahead on the first floor. It opens at 7 a.m. but the rest of the building does not open until 10. After coffee I walked over to the Bunka Center and taught my once a week class.


No comments: