Feb 23, 2013

Another walk

 As I walked along the top of the levee, I saw this really neat tracked dump truck moving across the river.
 I have shown this building a number of time. I has the large gate, on the right, that I like so much. It is hard to see but most of the inside of the house has been torn out.
 Another corner, another building gone.
 The building just beyond the brown building on the right is a police station. The stations are small and are not always manned, but they do have space in them for the officers to sleep if they have to be on duty continuously, like during the period after the earthquakes and tsunami.
 This tree has been trained in the same way that they do bonsai. The trunk is nearest the camera and the only branch stretches out into the distance.
Again another large building gone. If I remember correctly, this used to be a rambling, wooden, one-story meat market.

NOTE: We have found a new apartment. It is in Fukuoka near the Hakata Minami Station, which is a shinkansen stop. The apartment is a 3LDK, one large room that functions as a dinning/living-room/kitchen. This has wood flooring as does one bedroom. The other two room are tatami mat. It is near a supermaket and there is a shopping area about a five minute walk from our building. I will eventually post pictures of the apartment and the area around it.

No comments: