Feb 21, 2013

Returning from Book-Off

 This is an animal hospital and school for veterinarian assistants and animal trimmers (Is that the correct term? They give animals hair cuts and trim their nails.)
 
 This looks like a typical sign showing the hosptial's schedule. However, normally the times when it is open would be indicated with an O and the closed times with an X. I thought the paw prints were cute. The large writing at the bottom says that this is the Senkyo Animal Hospital.
 Nearby is a Volkswagen dealer. This is on the Sendai ByPass road and this stretch of it has a number of foreign car dealers.


I thought this picture was quite representative of Japan. In the front there is a large parking lot, then a typical style house, traditional but not old fashion, and final there is a large modern ferro-concrete building. In this case it is what is called a "Love Hotel", a hotel where you can rent rooms in two or three hour blocks. Most Japanese homes are small and crowded, so husbands and wives have little chance for privacy. This missing and necessary privacy is provide by the Love Hotels. Also, of course, if you are cheating on your spouse, it gives you a place to go.

NOTE: For the next month and a half or so, my posting might become erratic, but I will continue to post as often as I can. The reason for this is that we have sold our apartment and are moving to Fukuoka Prefecture, far to the south of here. I will continue taking pictures to document the move and post whenever I have a chance. I will tell you in advance when I have to go off line while we change internet providers.

No comments: